It would appear that Iowa’s Republican-led legislature is dead-set on turning this state into the laughing stock that most other Republican-led states are. Some achievements, in no particular order:
- “Republican legislator wants to track Iowa women that are searching online for abortion services in order to dissuade them”.
- “Iowa’s House speaker said he can’t make lawmakers wear masks — but he did enforce a ban on jeans”
- “Iowa is ranked 47th in COVID-19 vaccine supply. Gov. Kim Reynolds wants to know why”
- “Lawmaker introduces bill to ban transgender youth from getting gender-affirming care, says kids ‘will outgrow’ being transgender”
- “Iowa lawmakers push to bring back death penalty” #priorities
- “Iowa governor’s bill would reduce public school funding by millions, analysis says”
- The lovely Christians running our state government refused to provide shelter to unaccompanied migrant children noting that it was the “President’s problem”. Just like Jesus would’ve done.
Representative Carter Nordman
I am extremely proud that Governor Kim Reynolds signed HF 847 last night that included my Pledge of Allegiance in schools bill. Starting next school year, all public schools will begin leading their students in the pledge each day! 🇺🇸 🇺🇸 🇺🇸
- Our Governor wants schools to tell “both sides” of a genocide