six things tagged “food”
I found out I am to thank the Ottomans for a lot of my favorite things to eat and drink:
- Baklava (which dates back two thousand years, to the Assyrian Empire)
- Coffee made the Right Way™
- The modern kebab
- Dolma (stuffed food) and Sarma (wrapped food)
- An ancestor of the hummus: a chickpea spread flavored with cinnamon, pine nuts, and currants. Consumed with bread and popular in the 15th century
- Ayran: My absolute favorite thing to drink on a hot day. Couldn’t find many differences between ayran and the laban I grew up drinking.
I have found a new thing I’m going to turn into scrambled eggs repeatedly until I get it right.
See also: more omelettes.
I think my job doesn’t have an end goal. Words like “finished” or “complete” don’t exist. We do our best with today’s menu and entertain our guests. That’s all for today, it’s repetition.
– Chef Nozumu Abe, Sushi Noz
made me feel like years of practicing this…
were in vain. This guy attempts the ‘Pepin Omelette’ with fantastic results
and this chef is from another dimension (starting 3:55)
Update: The magician is Chef Motokichi Yukimura of Kichi Kichi Omurice.